This is the simplest peach cobbler one can imagine and so delicious….. Place a scoop of ice cream on top and you are in peaches cobbler heaven…yummy!!
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1cup of sugar
2 sticks of butter
1large can of peaches
In the 350* oven I place my casserole dish with the 2 sticks of butter to be melting….
In a separate bowl I pour one cup of flour, one cup of milk and one cup of sugar and stir well until smooth and creamy…..
When the butter melts I pour the can of peaches in and then I pour the mixture all over the peaches. ( No stirring )
Cook until you have a crust on top about 40 minutes.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream!!!! Yummee!!
If you decide you want a cobbler different than peach then I recommend JR Steven’s book on Cobblers, brown Betty’s, grunts, bucklers and many more, …..He has a lot of excellent recipes and they are easy to follow…they are also delicious….click on the imagine below!!!
1/4 cup butter, cubed
2 large carrots, finely chopped
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 cans (12 ounces each) fat-free evaporated milk
1 cup half-and-half cream
4-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions 1.In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add the carrots, celery and onion; saute for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Stir in seasoned salt and curry. Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
2.Gradually add broth. Stir in chicken and rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 263 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with water and milk. Beat in chocolate until combined.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl; stir occasionally until completely cooled. Beat until smooth; spread over cake. Yield: 24 servings.
- This is the easiest and the tastiest cake you have ever tasted. The cake mix is so moist and the frosting so smooth. I tell you it is awesome and very quick. I really enjoy the site where I saw this recipe, Taste Of Home, they have everything you can think of or dream of. Make your friends one on a gloomy day and go over and cheer her up or make it for a shower or birthday(don’t forget the candles) or any time at all… ENJOY!
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/double-chocolate-sheet-cake#ixzz3BbIqws9g
1 lb. small elbow pasta
6 oz. butter, divided
4 oz. flour
4 cups whole milk
1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated 3 eggs, whisked
¾ cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
salt to taste
24 count mini muffin tin
Bring salted water to a rolling boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Cook until soft.
(Tip: Don’t stop at al dente, the pasta will not continue to cook through when molded into muffin form.)
Make Mornay sauce by melting 3 oz. of butter and mixing in the flour. Cook the butter and flour together for a few minutes to cook out the raw flour taste. Slowly add the milk and whisk in. When sauce thickens remove from heat and add grated cheese. Season with salt and cayenne. Add sauce to the cooked pasta Then add 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and eggs. Stir the mixture.
Melt the remaining 3 oz. of butter and blend in with the 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. Set bread crumb mixture aside.
Liberally grease mini muffin tins.
Spoon the mac n’ cheese mixture into the muffin tins. Garnish with bread crumb mixture and bake for about 20 minutes or until browned on top and somewhat firm to the touch.
Cool for about 15 minutes before removing them. If you have trouble removing them cool for a bit longer.
These muffins are totally awesome!!! Totally!! Great for school lunches,also:)))
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons Peter Pan® Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Stir together sugar, cocoa and milk in 4-cup glass measure or medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until boiling, stirring once.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in oats until combined. Drop by spoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined plate to make 6 cookies. Cool in freezer 10 minutes before serving.
– See more at: http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes
Original recipe makes 1 – 9 inch pieChange Servings
1 poundskinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
1 cupsliced carrots
1 cupfrozen green peas
1/2 cupsliced celery
1/3 cupchopped onion
1/3 cupall-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoonblack pepper
1/4 teaspooncelery seed
1 3/4 cupschicken broth
2 (9 inch)unbaked pie crusts
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2.In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3.In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4.Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5.Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.