- 1 (19-oz.) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken $
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper $
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion $
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise $
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence*
- 1/4 cup canola oil $
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and place in large bowl. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Whisk together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, and herbes de Provence. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Pour over tortellini mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in salt to taste. Cover and chill at least 25 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rosetto Cheese Tortellini.
- Tuna Tortellini Salad: Substitute 1 (12-oz.) can albacore tuna, rinsed and drained well, for chicken. Prepare recipe as directed.