- 1/4 pound cooked smoked turkey or chicken sausage
- 1 large leek, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 of a 7-ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into thin, bite-size strips
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 6 ounces dried medium bow-tie pasta
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1Cut the sausage lengthwise into quarters. Slice into 1/4-inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook leek and garlic in hot olive oil until leek is tender. Stir in sausage, chicken broth, and roasted peppers. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Add spinach. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or just until spinach starts to wilt. Remove from heat.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil or salt; drain. Return pasta to saucepan. Add spinach mixture, basil, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Toss to coat. Serve immediately. Makes 4 main-dish servings.